Friday, June 3, 2016

Mykonos Town! (Chora)

Little Venice in Mykonos. © Popi Kmb
As I already told, Mykonos is my birthplace, I have spent the biggest part of my life there, now I live in Athens with my family, but when I have the oportunity I going to Mykonos to visit my family & friends who still live there.
Here are some photos from my trip in Mykonos at 2011.

Windmills of Mykonos! © Popi Kmb
Pelican of Mykonos, the mascot of the island! © Popi Kmb
A street of Mykonos! © Popi Kmb
Paraportiani Church! © Popi Kmb
Mykonos! © Popi Kmb
Little Venice in Mykonos. © Popi Kmb
A street of Mykonos! © Popi Kmb
Some information about Mykonos:
Mykonos is a Greek island, part of the Cyclades, lying between Tinos, Syros, Paros and Naxos. There are 10,134 inhabitants (2011), most of whom live in the largest town, Mykonos, which lies on the west coast. The town is also known as Chora. Mykonos' nickname is "The island of the winds". Tourism is a major industry and Mykonos is well known for its vibrant nightlife.
In Greek mythology, the Mykonos was named after its first ruler, Mykons, the son or grandson of the god Apollo and a local hero. The island is also said to have been the location of a great battle between Zeus and Titans and where Hercules killed the invincible giants having lured them from the protection of Mount Olympus.
your photo name

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful views. Unique looking windmills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's one of the most popular & beautiful island of Greece! Mykonos has many windmills in other place of island too and not just in town!

      Delete